Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year - What are you looking forward to in 2009?

With such a bleak outlook for 2009, recession, falling house prices, rising food prices, companies going bust left, right and centre. Not to mention the rapidly increasing unemployment level it is going to be hard to stay positive this year.

So I have set myself more realistic resolutions for 2009 rather than the usually obscure and totally unacheiveable ones such as:
  • run the London marathon (I hate running)
  • give up chocolate
  • get into the size 8 clothes hanging in my wardrobe (when I used to wear them 10 years ago and hadn't stretched my tummy beyond recognition by having a baby)
  • learn how to roll a cigar on my thigh (living in Buckinghamshire and not Cuba - it's hardly suprising I didn't tick this one off my list)
So, with a financially and personally challenging year ahead for most and the desire to succeed I have set my resolutions at a more comfortable level:

This year I want to:
  • be grateful for things I have in my life right now
  • say thank you more
  • stop my mind wandering back to the past or thrusting me into the future worrying about things that haven't happened yet - to focus only on the present moment
  • find time to do 20 - 30 minutes of exercise each day (hula hoop on Nintendo Wii does count!)
  • spend more time with family and friends
I wish you all a happy 2009 and hope this year brings you more love, light and happiness.

Now where is that Wii remote????

No comments: