Friday 6 June 2008

Vouchers? don't leave home without them


like I did today!

Firstly, I hate highchairs as stated previously in my post titled "Babies and mealtimes". Secondly, I hate paying full price for something I know I have the capacity to get cheaper.

Unprepared and worn down by my son's relentless squirming and glee at getting food into every corner of the room, I have finally succummed to the dreaded highchair.

With Teddy and partner in tow, I stopped off at MotherCare and thought I could get a highchair that didn't really look like a highchair (I think I am borderline highchair & baby food phobic!) I spotted a wooden one, plain, nice straight lines and simplistic. It looked almost bearable to have next to my dark Indian dining table. Was I allowed to have something so simple, so plain? of course not!

MEN!!!
My partner chose the highchair just like he chose the pram system, big, bulky, techincally advanced and almost car like (what is it with dads and baby items? why do they have to reflect their ego?)

So he and my son are now the proud owners of a Chicco Polly- Seventy (I am guessing the Seventy refers to it's retro, hippy pattern) bright green, retro, big, plastic, gadgety and ridiculously overcomplicated (you can even lower the seat so they can have a nap on a full tummy - see photo - sparko!)

If it wasn't bad enough me having to buy one in the first place to save my home from being completly splattered with baby food, I also stopped at MotherCare instead of John Lewis (which I have vouchers for in my purse). Yes, I have had words with myself!

The best place to buy this highchair is John Lewis as you get an 8% discount, MotherCare vouchers will give you a 5% discount. You can also use your John Lewis vouchers online and have it delivered to you, an added bonus.

Original price: £99
BaBeeCard price: £91.08
Total saving of: £ 7.92

Do compare large purchase baby items at Boots, MotherCare and John Lewis as there are small price differences and the 8% at John Lewis may work out marginally cheaper.
Happy shopping, it all adds up you know :-)

No comments: