Thursday 6 March 2008

Another big purchase at MotherCare

MotherCare have now become a disount partner - offering a 5% discount on their vouchers.

Back when I was 6 months pregnant I fell in love with the Quinny range which came in the most amazing colour, as a huge SHREK fan the colours reminded me of him (I just had to have it)



Infant carrier / car seat: £104.99
Carry cot: £134.99
Buggy with wheel frame: £329.99

Original price: £569.97
BaBeeCard price: £541.47
Total saving of: £28.49

My son is now nearly 8 months old and I will be needing to buy a new car seat (I think) as the one I have is birth up to 12 months. So I am due another purchase of at least £100.00 and I also can't be trusted once inside MotherCare as I always find cute things to buy or practical things I never use :-)

So on the travel system (which I highly recommend if you are pregnant or just given birth) you could save £28.49 which may not sound like a huge amount but it does equate to any of the following:

A MotherCare newborn starter bag: £24.99
An infant first aid kit: £16.99
A 10 piece unisex starter kit (babygrows etc) £14.00

Or

A nice bottle of pink champers and some candles for mummy's bathtime (Waitrose / John Lewis vouchers 8% off, so for £28.41 you are actually getting £30.76 worth!)

So you can see, even with a small saving you can make it work for you in other ways. The thing is when you have kids is that alot of purchases are a neccessity rather than a luxury so using your discounts to cover other child costs helps to alleviate some financial stress.

No comments: