Saturday 1 March 2008

Mothers Day - something different

Mothers day With mothers day looming I thought I would use my BaBeeCard to buy my mother a present and get her something a little bit different. I used to love going out shopping but with a 7.5 month old baby boy it is becoming less and less enjoyable and more like a monkey’s tea party.

What is it with babies and playing up as soon as you walk into a shop?! Why can’t they be as mesmerised by shoes and bags as I am? There are only so many food distractions a baby can tolerate before they realise you are palming them off whilst you indulge in some much needed retail therapy.

So I am ready to tackle shopping from home. With a cup of tea and a penguin biscuit in hand (still haven’t shaken off that particular craving) it seemed the perfect opportunity to shop online, especially with a sleeping baby. I usually buy my mum flowers and forget to send her a card so this time I thought I would get her something different as we live in Bucks and she lives in Cornwall (which makes it rather difficult to take her out for a nice meal).

I went through the usual list of gift ideas, pampering at a spa, chocolates, a hamper, flowers etc but none of them felt quite unique enough and I wanted something that she could enjoy all year round so I bought her a magazine subscription from Letsubscribe.com for £27.61 instead of £38.75.

Original subscription: £38.75
BaBeeCard price: £27.61
Total saving of: £11.14

No comments: